Élan Design Lab has an exciting opportunity for a full time EIT Civil Engineer at our thriving firm.
We are seeking an engaged team member who is motivated to grow professionally. Ideally you share our passion for design, dedication to a team, and a fast-paced work environment. The diversity of our project and client types offers an exceptional opportunity for variety in your workday, as well as the ability to tailor project assignments to your skillset and interest that has you constantly learning and enhancing your talents.
This position will have you immersed in the action and be responsible for coordinating civil design alongside the design team to meet project schedules and budgets. Our open office setting gives you direct access to fellow engineers and project managers creating an unequaled learning and synergetic environment. You will interact with our internal team, clients, contractors, and regulatory agencies while receiving personalized attention in our small firm environment. Our work environment encourages creative thought and active participation to shape our growing firm.
In this role you will learn and perform activities related to the design of land development including storm water management systems, earthwork, piped utilities, and other site infrastructure in support of our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare design documents for civil systems (land development, drainage, water and sanitary sewer design), including calculations and drawings
• Work with members of the internal team on a variety of project types including residential, commercial, industrial, parks, and public infrastructure and buildings
• Assist the Senior Project Civil Engineer in preparing the conceptual, preliminary, and final design, and attend meetings with client to coordinate various design activities
• Coordinate technical activities and designs with a multi-discipline team
• Construction observation and documentation
• Assist with other duties assigned by Senior Project Civil Engineer and Principal Civil Engineer
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
• 0-4 years of experience
• Passed Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (preferred) or ability to take exam within six months
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with office staff and external design team; must possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Basic knowledge and understanding of civil engineering concepts and theories
• Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Proficient with AutoCAD; Civil 3D experience a plus
• Knowledge of civil design software a plus, such as HydroCAD, P8, MIDS, etc.
• Knowledge in storm water management preferred
• Must be detail oriented and efficient in problem solving
• Ability to work as an active team member to achieve project goals and has a strong drive to achieve personal goals
• Must have interest in land development and site engineering
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com