Élan Design Lab has an exciting opportunity for a full time Civil Engineering Project Manager at our thriving firm.
We are seeking an engaged team member who shares our passion for design, dedication to a team, and a fast-paced work environment. The diversity of our project and client types presents an opportunity to tailor project assignments to your skillset and interest. This engaging position will have you steering the project and coordinating the civil design with the client and design team, as well as opportunities to build your own client base. Our work environment encourages creative thought and active participation to shape our growing firm.
In this role you will learn and perform activities related to management of projects including both civil engineering and landscape architecture in the land development industry for both private and public projects in the residential, commercial, and industrial market sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage site development projects with a multi-discipline team
• Oversee and prepare design documents for site, landscape, and civil systems, including calculations, drawings and specifications
• Review preliminary and final plans and specifications for constructability and clarity
• Work with members of the internal team and mentor staff assigned to projects
• Coordinate technical activities and designs with multi-discipline team
• Prepare the conceptual, preliminary, and final design, and attend meetings with the client to coordinate various design activities
• Develop strong relationships with existing and future clients
• Interaction and engagement with clients, contractors and regulatory agencies.
• Construction observation and documentation
• Assist with other duties assigned by Principal Civil Engineer
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program or Landscape Architecture from a LAAB accredited program.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in discipline within land development or related industry
• Professional Engineer or Landscape Architect licensed in Minnesota or ability to be licensed within 6 months
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with office staff and external design team; must possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Project Management experience preferred
• Proficient with AutoCAD and Civil 3D
• Knowledge of civil design software a plus, such as HydroCAD, P8, MIDS, etc.
• Experience in storm water management and permitting preferred
• Must be detail oriented and efficient in problem solving
• Ability to work in a team to achieve project goals and has a strong drive to achieve personal goals; ability to work without extensive supervision
• Entrepreneurial options within a tried-and-true firm
• Flexibility to build your own client base
• Ownership potential with proven drive
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com